National 5 Graphic Communication

 

The course is aimed to help pupils become confident and well rounded individuals who can tackle a series of graphic related challenges – building on the knowledge and skills they have developed since S1.

Further CAD and graphic design skills as well as increased engagement with engineering drawings and applications of the subject matter into real world scenarios.

The assessment of the course is split over a timed assignment and a written exam. The assignment will tackle all the skills the pupils have developed over the year and is submitted to the SQA for marking. The assignment makes up 33% of the final grade with the written exam making up the remaining 67%.