Next Steps Jobs – Current Local Opportunities
CITB Apprenticeship Vacancy List
Please find below the most up to date vacancy list from CITB for Construction Trade Apprenticeships as at 19th June 2019. A pdf version of the list is also available if viewing in this format is preferred. Also undernoted is information from CITB on Construction Apprenticeship Application Support.
Scottish Water – Apprenticeship
Scottish Water are looking to take on an apprentice locally, who will train as a network service operator. The job would involve someone who will go out and speak to customers about issues they are having and then solve them. They will be working outdoors in all weather, really hands on and meeting\dealing with members of the pubic so good communication skills are important. They will attend an induction week then complete 2 years distance learning with the support of a mentor and a further 2 years attending a college in Glasgow 2 days per month to achieve their HNC/D in water operations and management.
Scottish Water are really keen to hear from people that want to find out more and Martin Dunbar would be willing to run an info session if there were individuals that were keen to find out more. He is also happy for his details to be passed on and people to contact him directly to find out more. The training starts in August so it needs to be quite a quick turnaround.
Goldwells, Peterhead – Receptionist
Goldwells, Peterhead are currently looking for a Receptionist. The hours will be 8am to 6pm Monday to Thursday with an hour for lunch.
Duties to include:
- Answering the phones in a polite and friendly manner
- Dealing with clients’ needs as they come in to the office
- Making teas and coffees for the office
- Being responsible for maintaining filing systems for client documentation
- Taking clients payments
- Ensuring the office, kitchen and reception area are kept clean and tidy
- Being responsible for postal duties for the company
- The ordering of any stationary or office supplies for the office
- Assisting colleagues as required
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
Training for book keeping and payroll processing will also be given
To apply please email your cv’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Orion Group – Apprentice Administrator/Secretarial Assistant
Orion Group have an exciting opportunity for a recent school leaver seeking a career in office administration and secretarial work.
Their client, a major oil & gas operator is looking for an enthusiastic person with a willingness to learn, to join them for a trainee. As well as gaining excellent experience across a variety of departments within the business you will also work with the local college for classes to support the work.
Ideally you will be:
- A recent school/college leaver with a desire to establish a career in office administration work
- Live locally to Aberdeen.
- Have excellent written English and Numeracy skills.
- Ideally a minimum of 1/2 in Standard Grade English and 2/3 Mathematics.
- Be available to start work later in June/Early July 2019.
- Database management and record keeping
- Invoicing, budget tracking, payment processing
- Quarterly management reporting
- General administrative duties e.g. calendar management, travel bookings, visa applications, assistance with event co-ordination, Intranet maintenance
Intermediate PC skills required – Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of working in an administrative role
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
North East Vacancy
Please see undernoted link to the latest North East Vacancy Bulletin as at 13th June 2019.
Rotech Apprentice Vacancies
Please see undernoted links to leaflets detailing apprentice vacancies currently with Rotech.
Apprentice Administrator/Secretarial Assistant
Please click on the undernoted link to view information regarding an Apprentice Administrator/Secretarial Assistant vacancy we have been asked to advertise on behalf of a local recruiting firm.
Army Modern Apprenticeships
Want to find out more about Modern Apprenticeships in the Army? Please click on the following link:-
Oil & Gas Technical Apprenticeship Programme (OGTAP) 2020
Score Apprenticeship Opportunities
Please see information below for the latest apprenticeship scheme opportunities with Score (Europe) Limited.
Ace Winches – Modern Apprenticeship Vacancies in Craft and Business
Ace Winches are currently recruiting in both their craft and business departments for modern apprentices. Please find undernoted link and leaflet which gives further information on the vacancies and how to apply.
Red Hackle Security Services Ltd
Do you have a current SIA card, and would like to work with a well-established and rapidly growing company? Red Hackle Security Services Ltd are now recruiting Security Officers to work in Peterhead and Aberdeen and would be happy to hear from you. For further information please contact Danielle on 07808 237740 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org